Pages

Saturday 3 December 2011

On productivity when you have nothing to do.

So have some interviews lined up for next week, but still unemployed, and I began to to notice something. When I work a 9 - 5 Monday to Friday when I get home I get right into stuff, whether its reading, drawing exercising or gaming. However I have been on jobless holiday now for about a month and my days are filled with almost nothing, which seems strange to me because I always think when I'm at a job of all the things I could fill my day with if I was on holiday or retired but I have a lot more fun in my free time when its the weekend from a job or at home after work. I guess its one of those grass is always greener things, or too much of a good thing etc. Oh well hopefully I get the job from the interview and can start buying nice food again.

Also my internet is lagging ~_~

Oh and here is a pig that has two back deformed legs so its forced to walk on its front two. Can read about this on Weird Asian News.

18 comments:

  1. I have a really hard time motivating myself when I have too much spare time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been jobless now for quite some time, and I agree with you, it can be hard to fill the days up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I experience a similar situation despite being employed. I don't have to be in to work at a specific time (I'm a grad student), but the sooner I'm at work, the more productive I am during the day. Start doing ACTUAL work at 7 am and I'll work into the early evening. Start after 10 am and I'm gone by 3 pm. It takes serious discipline, often more than I can muster, but it seriously pays off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my days were filled with nothing, I miss not being busy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It happens the same to me, I'm unenployed since 2 months ago and I was doing a lot more stuff when I was working this past summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feel about being without money. My blog provides me with some but nowhere near enough. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, you should've giving DOX Cup #2 a try man, it was in the SEA region!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hate lagging. and, that pig is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog! Come back anytime!

    Louisa
    http://circasundayafternoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete